High density (linear), injection molded virgin polyethylene casing isolators/spacers provide positive insulation, high abrasion resistance and low coefficient of friction for a wide variety of double containment carrier/casing pipe applications. They are extremely light in weight and easy to handle during installation.
A ribbed inner surface prevents slippage and guards against carrier pipe coating damage while the outer surface may include any one of several molded runners to accommodate 2″ (50.8mm) x 4″ (101.6mm) or larger carrier/casing differentials.
One piece solid molded segments provide for maximum load bearing. Hardware includes cadmium plated steel studs, nuts and washers. A screwdriver is the only tool needed for installation. PE Isolators should not be used on concrete carrier pipe.
Features of Model PE Casing Spacers:
- 5″ (127mm) wide band for maximum hoop strength around carrier pipe.
- Ribbed inner surface prevents slippage and guards against coating damage.
- Molded from virgin polyethylene material.
- Lightweight for ease of handling and installation.
- Screwdriver is only tool needed for installation.
- High-temp model available (up to 12″ [305mm]) for service temperatures to 280F. (138C.).
- Eliminates the Need for Blown Sand or Pea Gravel
- Excellent insulation, high abrasion resistance and low coefficient of friction
- One-piece solid molded segments provide for maximum load bearing
- 5” wide (127mm) band for maximum hoop strength around carrier pipe
- Hardware includes cadmium plated steel studs, nuts and washers
- PE casing spacers are available to accommodate a variety of pipe diameters and available for quick delivery.
3/4″ (19mm) through 12″ (305mm) = 2-piece with molded-in runners.
14″ (356mm) and larger = Multiple segments with molded-in runners.
Metallic – Bolts and Square Nuts = Plated Steel
- For carrier pipe diameters (Nominal Steel & IPS) ranging from ¾” (19.1mm) to 48” (121.9cm).
- Spacing recommendation: Max 8’ (243.8cm) between spacers, Max 2’ (61.0cm) from casing pipe end.
- Recommended end seals: Model S, C, W, FW and R.
Model PE Casing Isolators are designed primarily for smaller diameter steel or polyethylene carrier pipes (ANSI O.D. pipe without a bell or mechanical joint). We do not recommend that they be used on any carrier pipe over 24″ in diameter or for installations over 300 feet long without consulting with Proline. PE Isolators should not be used on concrete carrier pipe.