The VM-550 pipe and cable locator is a general purpose locator used to detect buried pipe and cable services in a variety of situations. The VM-550 has achieved a compact and lightweight design without compromising strength and performance.
With a choice of passive power locating and active 8kHz and 83kHz frequencies the VM-550 is designed to meet the requirements of those wishing to detect the presence of active power cables and also wishing to trace short ranges. It is particularly useful in helping to detect and trace short distance drop wires.
- Passive power and 2 active frequencies
- Power (50 or 60Hz), 8kHz, 83kHz
- Twin antenna peak response
- High contrast responsive display
- Simple, four button control pad
- One touch gain control with manual increments.
- One touch depth estimation. (Imperial or Metric)
- Carbon fiber antenna tube
- IP54 rating
- Audio and visual indication
- Just 2 x AA battery power
- Continuous battery monitoring