In our ever changing landscape, important assets can be buried making searching for them both difficult and time consuming. Valve and manhole covers are often lost after ground work activities, re-surfacing or after heavy snow falls. Buried boundary markers can also be difficult to find.
Most of these items are manufactured using magnetic or ferrous materials. These can be detected using the VM-880. As it detects only ferrous materials, aluminium cans etc are rejected.
The simple audio and visual user interface has been designed to minimize training requirements whilst the latest technologies are employed to ensure maximum sensitivity and depth range.
The VM-880 is the latest revision of the ever popular 880 ferrous metal locator. It incorporates the following features:
- Audio and visual signal strength indicator
- Very Lightweight 1.54lbs (0.7kg)
- Ultra strong carbon fiber antenna tube
- Water resistant antenna tube
- High sensitivity
- Field polarity indicator
- 28hr battery life from just 2 x AA (LR6) cells
- Continuous battery level indication
- One touch auto sensitivity control with manual incremental control
- 60/50Hz power signal warning
- Soft carry bag supplied as standard