CORROSION PROTECTION FOR PIN BRAZED OR EXOTHERMIC CONNECTIONS
1. A top plastic sheet formed with an igloo shaped dome and entry tunnel for the cable.
2. A special elastomeric compound in the plastic dome, which is firm enough to resist flow at all normally encountered application and operation temperatures, but soft enough to mould itself around and completely cover the irregular welded profile.
3. On either side of the dome are double rows of parallel serrations to increase flexibility and assist with conforming around small diameter pipe.
4. A base of Royston Tac-Tape, a black unbacked elastomeric tape with exceptional adhesive properties, for bonding firmly to the metal
surface, when used with Royston Roybond 747 primer.
The ROYSTON HANDY CAP is a prefabricated assembly specifically designed for Cathodic Protection connections to pipes tanks and other structures. When pressed by hand into position, it forms a thick, highly resistant electrical insulation seal over the weld, the end of the cable and the surrounding prepared area.
ROYSTON HANDY CAP is packed 20 per carton. (Shipping Weight is 5 lbs)
Royston Roybond 747 Primer is available in: 1) ………6 US Fluid Ounce (177ml) Aerosols – sufficient for 12 caps
2) ………16 US Fluid Ounce (472ml) Aerosols – sufficient for 30 caps
3) ………1 US Quart (944ml) Cans – sufficient for 200 caps