- Fabricated from resilient, closed cell, chemically stable and inert polyethylene foam (Ethafoam).
- Multiple density construction with an inner core cushion, designed to yield then recover following expansion occurrence.
- Lightweight and flexible at low temperatures for easy installation.
- Protects pipe coatings from scrape, dent and puncture damage caused by contact in unfavourable backfill and environmental conditions.
- Resists severe degradation caused by exposure to hydrocarbons, bitumen, crude oil, and liquid natural gas.
- Resistant to a wide variety of chemicals and common organic and polymeric soil contaminants.
- Will not biodegrade or rot – resistant to insects, vermin and mould.
- Performs consistently over a wide range of temperatures, resists cracking during cold weather installations.
- Nominal pipe sizes from 1″ to 42″ are readily available
- TEBS can be customized to each customer’s specifications.
Typical locations where TEBS protects pipes:
- High temperature, insulated, closed hydrocarbons drain piping that is buried.
- Buried vessels – installed around the vessel heads to protect from deformation due to thermal expansion into the soil.
- Around piping that is buried and connected to nozzles in order to reduce the nozzle loads.
- Used at multiple locations where unrestrained pipe undergoes a directional bend, rises out of the ground or has a union (tie-in) with another pipe or fitting.