Let’s face it, during the construction phase, it can be a messy business, so it’s important that the pipeline interior be kept clean throughout the process. This UC2 construction pig was developed for just this purpose. It is primarily used for light cleaning during the construction phase and can be used in all capacities of pipeline cleaning.
At times it’s necessary to clean a line more rigorously, which requires additional cups. With this in mind, the UC in available in three versions. The two-cup design of the UC2 pig, provides a basic level of cleaning capability. With each additional cup, the UC pig cleans more rigorously. Therefore, the UC3 three-cup and the UC4 four-cup design pigs are progressively more effective cleaning tools. They are used to lightly clean pipelines, and are typically used for longer distances.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Every Series UC pig is equipped with Series C Cups. As with all the pigs we sell, the Series C cup was specifically developed to perform, efficiently and reliably. To enhance durability, it’s made from Reliathane, a special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- The large wearing surface of the cup promotes longer life, while product pressure holds the cutting edge firmly against the wall
- Every UC2 16 – 48 in. pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing by-pass plugs, a portion of the product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Standard bumper noses cushion the pig and help protect in-line auxiliary equipment, preventing damage
- Designed to negotiate 1.5D bends, the Series UC2 pig moves reliably through piping systems.
- Carver discs
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment
- Aluminum gauging plates in slotted or standard styles
- Three (UC3) and 4 cup (UC4) configurations
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.