Pipe wall thickness up to Schedule 80 can be aligned with the clamp. The level and support device of the chain clamp allows the pipe, elbow, tee, flange and other fittings to be held safely and securely in place during the alignment and welding process. For stainless steel or specialty alloy applications replace the chain of the standard chain clamp with stainless steel chain. Available in steel and stainless steel models to fit pipe from 1″ to 54″ (25mm to 1372mm).
- EXTRA WELDING CLEARANCE | Jackbar design provides additional clearance, so the weld can be easily completed with clamp in place
- PRECISE ALIGNMENT | Double Jackbars, spaced around the diameter of the pipe allow reforming on both sides of joint to within 1/64″ (.4mm)
- HEAVY DUTY | Aligns pipe with wall thickness up to Schedule 80
- STRONG | Reforms pipe with wall thickness to Schedule 40
- WIDE RANGE | Support, align, and reform elbow, tees, and other fittings that cage clamps can’t; one Chain Clamp covers the range of 8 cage clamps
- VERSATILE | With the standard Level and Support Device, the clamp can be configured to align, reform and support almost any type of fitting for welding
- One Chain Clamp covers the range of 8 cage clamps
- Pipe and fittings can be fully welded with clamp in place
- Jackscrew contact points swivel to protect against marring the pipe
- Optional Spacing Screws available to assist in setting weld gap
- An add-on Jackbar can be added when additional reforming pressure is need.
Double Jackscrew Chain Clamp Includes:
- Nickel plated carbon steel or stainless steel duplex roller chain
- Stainless steel Double Jackscrew Jackbars – quantity as indicated in specifications
- Stainless steel Main Block
- Level and Support Device
- Jackscrew Wrench
- Heavy-duty Storage Box
- Parts and Operating Manual
MODEL JACKBARS NOMINAL RANGE REFORMS TO SCH* ALIGNS TO SCH EST. SHIPPING WT
D250 3 1-8″ (25-203) 40 80 27 lbs. / 12 kg
D250SS 3 1-8″ (25-203) 40 80 27 lbs. / 12 kg
D249 7 4-16″ (102-406) 40 80 72 lbs. / 33 kg
D249SS 7 4-16″ (102-406) 40 80 72 lbs. / 33 kg
D235 8 10-36″ (254-914) 40 80 144 lbs. / 67 kg
D235SS 8 10-36″ (254-914) 40 80 144 lbs. / 67 kg
D236 13 10-54″ (254-1372) 40 80 180 lbs. / 72 kg
D236SS 13 10-54″ (254-1372) 40 80 180 lbs. / 72 kg
*Calculations are based on pipe with a tensile strength of 45,000 lbs per square inch / 3,164 kg per square centimeter
SS – Indicates clamp includes stainless steel chain. All clamps equipped with stainless steel Jackbars, Jackscrews, and Main Blocks.
THE DOUBLE JACKSCREW CHAIN CLAMP SHOULD NEVER BE USED AS THE SOLE SUPPORT FOR THE PIPE OR TO LIFT THE PIPE. DO NOT EXCEED PIPE SIZE RANGE LISTED OR USE ANY TYPE OF CHAIN OTHER THAN SUPPLIED WITHOUT FIRST CONTACTING THE PROLINE SALES DEPARTMENT. USE OF CHAIN NOT SUPPLIED WITH THE CLAMP WILL VOID THE CLAMP WARRANTY.